Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Assignment 1

This project was intended for the exploration of shadow and light. I realized through analysis that I could manipulate the filtering of light through variation of space. By adding differing wall heights, and a number of different planes I could successfully do so. Originally I had a curved structure and wasn't able to get many interesting shadows. By doing a more linear structure the second time around I was able to have more control over the light distribution, and could purposely direct the light. I used sketch up as my program and realized that it is much more compatible for the rendering of linear space. Dispite its limitations I chose sketch up because it has the most simple interface. I am a beginner at the 3D modeling and thought that I would benefit more from mastering this program, so it will be easier to move on to a more difficult program when neccessary. Add Image

1 comment:

nywc said...

Your renderings look better on the blog than in the dark print. I'm glad you were able to create your own building. Insert the plants into the scene helps add a lot of scale and delicacy. See if you can include some of your own delicate elements in the next project.

Watch where the contrast is in the scene - that is where our eye is drawn towards. In your images, the edge of the white background stands out, so it is hard to focus on the building. Be caseful about positioning the geometry - in some views it looks like one of the supporting walls is floating - but maybe that is what you intended.